0Shares0000Thierry Henry was an assistant coach with Belgium at the World Cup — the former France striker has turned down an offer to become coach at Bordeaux © AFP/File / BENJAMIN CREMELBORDEAUX, France, Aug 29 – Thierry Henry rejected the offer to become coach of Bordeaux due to the “uncertainty” behind the scenes at the French outfit, the club’s president Stephane Martin said on Wednesday.Bordeaux confirmed on Tuesday that the 41-year-old, the all-time record goal-scorer for Arsenal and France, had decided against starting his managerial career at the helm of the six-time French champions. Martin said there were “several reasons” for Henry’s decision not to replace Gustavo Poyet in south-western France, but admitted that the fact the club are in the process of being bought out by an American consortium may ultimately have worked against them.“It is essentially down to the climate of uncertainty around the club, the period of transition that we are in, that meant things did not end positively,” Martin said.General American Capital Partners (GACP) are expected to complete their purchase of the club from French media conglomerate MG in late September.“He is very methodical, judicious and passionate about football,” Martin said of Henry, who is looking to strike out on his own as a coach after working as an assistant with the Belgian national team at the World Cup.“He really wants to be a coach in the long term, it’s not just a passing fancy. For his first experience in coaching, he wanted to be certain that all the conditions were right and he made a decision after thinking about it that he would not start with us.“Great players like him want to have great careers as coaches so they think twice about it.”Poyet, who was only appointed in January, was suspended earlier this month following a public row with directors over transfer policy. He is set to leave the club although Bordeaux are yet to officially announce his dismissal.In the meantime, Eric Bedouet is set to again take interim charge of the team in Thursday’s Europa League play-off, second leg at home to Gent.Bordeaux are targeting a place in the group stage after drawing 0-0 in Belgium in the first leg last week.“We move on, we have an important match tomorrow, we are very focused on that. It’s no drama,” added Martin, who says they will now take their time before appointing a new coach.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
“We are not far from creating something really interesting for Kenya. I think we will create something in this time and we can see that the hope is coming back in the country in terms of football. I hope we can continue in this way,” the tactician said.He added; “Over the five months I have been here, I have seen the players improve a lot and we can only get better. We have not yet qualified because we don’t know what will happen with Sierra Leone, but we are on the way.”Migne was a happy man seeing the huge crowd that turned out at the Kasarani Stadium to watch Stars play Ethiopia and he has now pleaded with the supporters to stick with the team through thick and thin.‘It is very easy when you have victory, you have a lot of funs. But it is more difficuly when you are alone. I hope we keep having a lot of fans for the future because if we want to remain in the high level, we have to be like this,”Harambee Stars fans cheering the team on at the Kasarani Stadium. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“I want to say a big thanks to the fans who came out. In the beginning, I challenged them to come and they came. I think we won the game because of the fans. It is important to have the 12th man advantage,” the tactician said.Looking back at the match against Ethiopia, Migne was over the moon with the result especially the three-goal win, having lamented pre-match that his side’s attacking potent was not as strong as he wished.“I am really happy and proud of my players. We had a clean sheet but not only that, I think we developed some good link up play. It was interesting offensively because we were better,” the tactician said.He also lauded the performance of skipper Victor Wanyama for his performance on his second match with him, admitting that coaching the team is made half easy with the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder on the pitch.Harambee Stars skipper Victor Wanyama shares a warm embrace with head coach Sebastien Migne at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia on October 14, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“When you have a player like Victor, it is easy to be coach and on the way to victory when you have a player like him, it is better. He was a real captain; he wanted to take his team to AFCON and he showed that on the field, he took his responsibilities also for the penalty because at 3-0 you kill the game and there is pressure,” the tactician noted.Also catching the tactician’s attention was midfielder Eric Johannah who put up a man of the match performance, playing part in all the three goals. He set up Michael Olunga for the opener before scoring the second and was brought down for Wanyama’s penalty.Migne has revealed that on the eve of the match, he was undecided on who to start between the IF Bromma man and compatriot Ovellah Ochieng, but he says his final decision was vindicated with Johannah’s performance.“Michael (Igendia), a member of my staff did some highlight video to show him what he can improve. He knew he would be on the field and I have full confidence in him. He is talented and I know what he can bring to the team though sometimes he can commit some mistakes and be lazy a bit. Today (Sunda) he was not perfect but almost perfect,” the tactician further stated.Meanwhile, the tactician is pleased with the depth of his squad and he has put all players in the team on notice that only hard work will keep them in the team.Harambee Stars head coach Sebastien Migne with Deputy President William Ruto and Sports PS Kirimi Kaberia at the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on October 14, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluMigne says he is pleased that he has a pool of at least 25 players who can consistently perform at the high level, but he says he wants to increase the pool to add more options.“If we are a group with only 11 players we can’t go far. We are not far to have 25 players with a good level, but it’s not finished. The door is always open to come in and go out they (players) need to repeat good performances with their club and with me to remain in the team,” the tactician noted.For his next match, Migne will be without Aboud Omar who will be serving a one match suspension having picked a second yellow card. Winger Aboud Omar does not return until after the Ghana game, that is if Sierra Leone are reinstated in the qualifiers.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Stars head coach Sebastien Migne walks into the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia on October 14, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Oct 15 – Kenyans can now dare dream of seeing their football team play at the African Cup of Nations after Sunday’s 3-0 victory over Ethiopia in a Group F qualifier at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani took Harambee Stars to the cusp of qualification for next year’s showpiece in Cameroon.And head coach Sebastien Migne has pumped in perhaps the biggest injection of confidence saying the team is on its way to creating a beautiful page in Kenyan football history.
AN online safety expert from Co Donegal has expressed his shock and heartache at the latest suicide of a young schoolgirl.Lara Burns, 12, from Kilcock in Co Kildare, was found dead in horse stables at her home at the weekend.There are claims she was being bullied online. Her death follows those of Erin Gallagher in Ballybofey last month and Ciara Pugsley in Leitrim in September.Niall Mulrine, who delivers anti cyber-bullying courses to children, their parents and teachers, said he is in shock over another suicide.“I was in another school in Co Kilare just two weeks ago delivering talks to children same age as Lara and younger and to parents on the dangers online and I am shocked by the loss of Lara,” said Mr Mulrine.“Feedback I was getting from the children in the 10-12 age group was scary. I had one particular 10 yr old who had her profile on Facebook set to 42 yrs old, as that was her mothers age. “Another girl, stopped to speak to a stranger on the street who asked her facebook password. When I asked them if they would be my friend, 90% of said they would only after 5 minutes of addressing them.“Statistics online are outdated and the feeling I am getting on the ground, is there is less awareness than what the country think our children have?” he asked.A Facebook tribute page has been set up for the 12-year-old. Her brother Brendan wrote “RIP sis.”Laura was a student at Maynooth Post Primary School. They said in a statement the school said it was a “terrible tragedy for Lara’s family, our school and our community”.“We are deeply saddened by these events. Our sympathy and thoughts are with Lara’s family and friends.” If you like any info for parents/children, check my site http://www.PcClean.ie/InternetSafetyAnd soon to be launched website http://www.CyberSafetyAdvice.comDONEGAL ONLINE SAFETY EXPERT’S HEARTACHE AT SUICIDE OF 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL was last modified: November 26th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:DONEGAL ONLINE SAFETY EXPERT’S HEARTACHE AT SUICIDE OF 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL