The National Police’s criminal investigation department (Bareskrim) discovered more radioactive materials at the Batan Indah housing complex in South Tangerang, Banten, on Friday – one month after authorities made a similar discovery in the same residential area.A Bareskrim director Brig. Gen. Agung Budijono said the radioactive materials containing Caesium-137 and other radioactive isotopes had been found in a house owned by a late-National Nuclear Energy Agency (Batan) employee identified as Gangsar.The house was now occupied by his daughter who knew nothing about the substances, Agung said as reported by kompas.com. The substances were found in the house’s storeroom. “The house is located in Blok F of the Batan Indah housing complex. We discovered them during a patrol,” Agung said, as quoted by kompas.com.Read also: Two people living in South Tangerang exposed to radioactive waste: Nuclear agencyBareskrim has named a Batan employee identified only as SM as a suspect of illegal ownership of radioactive substances following the discovery of the substances by the Nuclear Energy Regulatory Agency (Bapeten) in February. The agency first detected high levels of radiation at the housing complex during a routine check in late January. On Feb. 7 and Feb. 8, a joint team of officials from Bapeten and Batan discovered several radioactive materials on a vacant lot next to a volleyball court in the housing complex.The fragments contained Caesium-137, which is commonly used for industrial purposes.Not long after that, Bapeten and the police found late last month radioactive substances at SM’s house. Police found that the Batan employee had opened a decontamination service for extra income.SM was charged with violating Articles 42 and 43 of the 1997 Nuclear Energy Law, which carries a maximum punishment of two years of imprisonment and a Rp 100 million (US$6,885) fine. (vny)Topics :
Calum Chambers hails Arsenal team-mates and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after comeback vs Aston Villa Aubameyang scored Arsenal’s winner (Picture: Getty)Calum Chambers hailed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after he and the Arsenal striker inspired a remarkable comeback against Aston Villa.Down to ten men, Arsenal staged a fightback from 2-1 down in the final ten minutes to snatch all three points for the Gunners.Chambers kicked things off in the 81st minute, before Aubameyang popped up three minutes later to score a thrilling winner.Aubameyang has scored 16 goals in his last 16 appearances and Chambers was full of praise for his striker.ADVERTISEMENT Comment Coral BarrySunday 22 Sep 2019 6:54 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.7kShares Advertisement Chambers kicked off Arsenal’s late fightback (Picture: Getty)‘He is a quality striker,’ he said. ‘A lot of the players in this team have quality but to have him scoring goals is great for us.’AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I am very pleased,’ he continued. ‘I hold my hand up to their second goal so I had to put things right.‘We stuck in there and worked hard and deserved it in the end. Advertisement Wesley restored Villa’s lead (Picture: Getty)‘The win is massive for us as a club and team, We have the quality and the spirit.‘We dug in deep to get the momentum going.’Arsenal had a mountain to climb in the final half hour at the Emirates when Wesley put Villa back in front – just 89 seconds after Nicolas Pepe had equalised from the spot for Arsenal. Aubameyang completed the comeback (Picture: Getty)The Gunners played the entire second half with ten men after Ainsley Maitland-Niles received a yellow for his second bookable offence in the 41st minute.MORE: Liverpool make history after beating Chelsea to maintain perfect Premier League startMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City
A render of the facade of the house being built for Queensland millionaire James Pherous in New Farm.IT’S one of Brisbane’s most controversial and anticipated homes, and now we’ve been treated to a sneak peek inside the mansion of travel king James Pherous. The millionaire Queenslander is building a four-level, six-bedroom house on an 1100 sqm block of land at 33 Moray St, New Farm, at a reported cost of more than $20 million.The site at 33 Moray St, New Farm, where the home of James Pherous is being built.A render of one of the bedrooms in the house being built at 33 Moray St, New Farm.Mr Pherous, who founded Corporate Travel Management, paid $11.3 million for the prime riverfront site in 2018 and Brisbane City Council approved the building application for construction of the home in June last year.Tim Stewart Architects has designed the spectacular home, called Iron House, and has just released the first inside renders of some of the rooms, which have been designed to reflect Brisbane’s riverside cliffs and the layers of the river landscape.A render of a living/dining area in the house at 33 Moray St, New Farm.The wine cellar in the house in New Farm.The approved plans for the home comprise a media room, office, study, laundry and stone-cladded living, dining and kitchen terrace on the upper ground level.Level one will include a muted timber master suite with dressing room and ensuite, surrounded by elevated gardens. There will be a further five ensuited bedrooms.A render of a living area inside the home proposed for 33 Moray St, New Farm. Source: Tim Stewart Architects on Instagram.The kitchen in the house being built at 33 Moray St, New Farm.On the fourth level, there will be a roof terrace with a lap pool, an entertainment room with kitchenette and guest quarters. More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus9 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market9 hours agoAnd the basement level will feature an ultra-modern wine cellar, games room and gym leading to a clifftop pool. An aerial shot of the riverfront site where James Pherous is building a mansion.But the clifftop pool is proving controversial, with Mr Pherous taking Brisbane City Council to court in a bid to get the green light to build the pool along his boundary, on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Brisbane River, the New Farm Riverwalk and Kangaroo Point.Thirteen people, including neighbours in surrounding apartment blocks, have made submissions to council to complain about the size of the home, court documents show.A render of the master bedroom, featuring a lounge.
Sharing is caring! Professor Maryann Marchel. Photo credit: cehd.umn.eduMary Ann Marchel, an Early Childhood Development Professor from the University of Minnesota arrives in Dominica on July 12th for a week-long visit which will focus on Early Childhood Development.The Professor, who has had many academic publications pertaining to early childhood development and whose doctoral dissertation title was ‘Parental Satisfaction with Birth-to-Three Early Intervention Service who Adopt a Child with a Disability’ is expected to participate in a field visit with the Roving Caregivers’ Programme and conduct stimulation activities in San Sauveur/Dixpas and in the Carib Territory on July 14th. She is also scheduled to host a session with Pre-school teachers and Roving Caregivers on Autism and Brain Development, conduct material making exercises and have meetings with the Roving Caregivers’ Programme Staff, the East Dominica Children’s Federation Coordinator and the ChildFund Programme Manager during her visit.Staff members of the Roving Caregivers’ Programme are eagerly anticipating the educational exchanges that will result from her visit and wish her a productive and enjoyable visit to the Commonwealth of Dominica.Press ReleaseRoving Caregivers Programme (RCP) Dominica Share Share Share Tweet 52 Views no discussions LocalNews The Roving Caregivers’ Programme is eagerly anticipating the visit of Early Childhood Development Professor Mary Ann Marchel by: – July 12, 2011
Louis B. “Lou” Schipper Jr., 93, of Aurora, IN, passed away Saturday December 7, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio.He was born September 4, 1926 in Lawrenceburg, IN, son of the late Louis B. Schipper Sr. and Philomena (Englert) Schipper. He served his country as a Navy Seabee during WWII. He worked as a Electrician for Seagram’s, retiring after over 16 years of service. Prior to Seagram’s, Lou worked at CG&E and Lawrenceburg Utilities. He was a member of St Mary’s Catholic Church. Lou received his high school diploma from St. Xavier High School, when he was in his 90’s. He enjoyed woodworking, and liked rebuilding cars, especially restoring Model T’s. He built wooden bodies (depot Hack) for Model T’s, he also made cedar chests, benches, and a chicken coop. Lou rescued animals for 26 years. He loved the outdoors, Westerns, and was a history buff. Lou was instrumental in the development of the Indian Ridge Subdivision.Louis is survived by his loving spouse of 62 years, Dorothy “Dottie” (Banks) Schipper; sons, Louis B (Cheryl) Schipper III of Livermore, CA, and Father William Carl Schipper of Boston, MA; sister, Loretta Louise Henry of Rotonda West, FL; grandchildren, Louis B Schipper, IV of CA, Gretchen (David) Woody of New Braunfels, TX; niece, Gaye Lynn Hall of Aurora, IN; nephew, Jason Walston.He was preceded in death by his parents, Louis B Schipper, Sr., and Philomena Marie (Englert) Schipper; sister, Ida Mae Sawyer; brother, George Schipper.Friends will be received Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 9:00 am – 10:45 am at Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, 219 Mechanic Street, Aurora, Indiana.Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 203 Fourth Street, Wednesday December 11, 2019 at 11:00 am with Fr. Ben Sybert officiating.Interment will follow in the River View Cemetery, Aurora, Indiana. Military graveside services will be conducted by members of local Veterans Service Organizations.Contributions may be made to the PAWS or Crossroad Hospice of Cincinnati. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.com
RelatedPosts D’Tigress end Olympic Qualifiers on a high Breaking: D’Tigress inch towards Tokyo 2020 Olympics with blowout victory D’Tigress camp bubble ahead of Olympics qualifiers D’Tigress Head Coach, Otis Hughley, has announced a 12-man team for the 2020 pre-Olympics qualifiers coming up in Mozambique between November 14 and 17.Otis has recalled United States of America based Upe Atosu, whose last game for Nigeria was at the 2017 Afrobasket final win over Senegal.2019 Afrobasket Most Valuable Player Ezinne Kalu, Promise Anumakara, Atonye Nyingifa, Sarah Imovbioh and Evelyn Akhator have also been included in the 12-man list alongside team captain, Adaora Elonu.Others include multiple Afrobasket winner Aisha Balarabe, Ify Ibekwe whose first international debut was at the 2019 Afrobasket in Senegal as well as Victoria Macaulay.Elizabeth Balogun who was named in the 2019 Atlantic Coast Conference Fresh Man Team while with Georgia Tech University is also on line to earn her first international cap alongside Pallas Kunnayi-Akpannah who narrowly missed the 2019 Afrobasket party.Nigeria grouped alongside Host, Mozambique, and DR Congo in Group A, while Senegal will compete against Angola and Mali in Group B will open camp on November 10 in MaputoAccording to FIBA, the two group winners will join 14 other teams from Europe, Asia and the Americas to fight for the 10 Olympic slots on offer at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. Tags: Otis Hughley
“Callum is the type of character who won’t be fazed by such a set-back, and I am sure he will turn this experience into a positive in the long run. “As I have said many times before though, this kind of set-back offers others the opportunity to step up to the plate, show everybody what they can do and make a real impact at this level.” The loss of Wilson is the latest significant injury suffered by a Bournemouth player. It is possible the forward, who had scored five goals his previous six appearances before facing Stoke, will not return this season. Club-record signing Tyrone Mings, who was recruited for £8million over the summer, will miss the remainder of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury, and with that same injury winger Max Gradel, a £7million summer signing, will also miss the next six months. Scans showed the severity of the promising forward’s injury, suffered in the recent 2-1 defeat at Stoke, and he will be operated on next week before beginning his rehabilitation. “It’s very disappointing for Callum, after what has been an exceptional start to the season, but I am sure he will come back fitter and stronger,” manager Eddie Howe told Bournemouth’s official club website. Press Association Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson will be unavailable for at least the next six months after he was revealed to have suffered a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
He made the announcement Thursday at a joint appearance with SpaceX CEO Elon Musk at the company headquarters in Hawthorne, California. NASA is planning its first manned flight of the SpaceX Crew Dragon early next year.NASA Chief Jim Bridenstine says the capsule will be put into orbit in the first quarter of 2020 if “everything goes according to plan.”Bridenstine says the development of the Crew Dragon was key to achieving NASA’s top priority of “launching American astronauts on American rockets from American soil” for the first time since the space shuttle program ended in 2011. First manned SpaceX flight expected in early 2020, Elon Musk & NASA chief say @SpaceX @elonmusk @NASA https://t.co/1q8BfZ4us2— Sputnik (@SputnikInt) October 11, 2019
Jofra Archer took his maiden five-wicket haul in Tests.Warner and Labuschagne scored fifties for Australia.Australia are currently leading the five-match Ashes series 1-0. New Delhi: Jofra Archer has displayed his ferocious pace on a placid wicket in Lord’s. His spell on day 4 was nine overs of intense pace in excess of 90 mph, including one delivery which was measured at 96.1 mph. In one of the spells, his bouncer hit Steve Smith on the side of the neck and he had to retire hurt. Although he resumed batting, Smith was withdrawn from the match on the final day and ruled out of the Leeds Test as he suffered the effects of concussion. On day 1 of the Leeds Test, under overcast conditions and on a pitch assisting seam movement, Archer showed his awareness and bowled according to the conditions. Archer generated tremendous movement both off the pitch and in the air to trouble the Australians. In between, he bowled pacy bouncers in excess of 90 mph to rattle the batsmen. Only David Warner and Marnus Labuschagne stood tall with fifties but the Australian batting floundered as Archer took 6/45, his maiden five-wicket haul to bowl Australia out for 179. Speaking after the end of the day’s play, Archer remarked that he need not rely on pace all the time to take wickets. “I don’t need to run in and bowl 90 mph every spell to get wickets. I’ve shown that today. There will be times in Test matches you have to focus on hitting your length. There will be times to ramp it up as well but you don’t have to go into it every innings. I bowled a few, obviously to let the batter know they are still there but this wasn’t a short-ball wicket, it wasn’t as hard as Lord’s. So it’s just get it on the full line and length and it got results today,” Archer said. Incredible Test bowlingAustralia were in a good position after the rain break with Warner and Labuschagne tackling the conditions well. They shared a 111-run stand and scored at a rate of over four runs an over. However, Archer dismissed Warner with a 90mph delivery that nipped away and the batsman fell for 61. Warner’s dismissal saw Australia lose eight wickets for 43 runs. Warner labelled Archer’s spell as the best he had seen in Test cricket. “That’s incredible Test bowling. It’s a bit like how (South Africa great) Dale Steyn with the new ball tried to just use the conditions and then sort of ramp it up when they need to. That was world-class bowling at its best. Today was about trying to negate that good ball and not get out to it. I had a lot of luck, I played and missed quite a lot but I kept my bat nice and tight,” Warner said. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. highlights
Wigan 1 Chelsea 1Chelsea continue to be plagued by uncertainty at the back, with Petr Cech’s 88th-minute fumble costing them two potentially crucial points.The Blues goalkeeper failed to hold Hugo Rodallega’s shot and was not helped by Raul Meireles, whose hesitation allowed Jordi Gomez to pounce on the loose ball and score from close range.AdChoices广告It cancelled out a 58th-minute strike by Daniel Sturridge, whose ninth goal of the season looked like closing the gap on his former club Manchester City to four points.Now leaders City, who play Arsenal on Sunday, have an opportunity to move nine clear of third-placed Chelsea and reassert their authority following a recent defeat at Stamford Bridge.Sturridge crept behind the Wigan back line to beautifully control Ashley Cole’s diagonal ball on his left foot and then shoot into the corner of the net with his right.But the defensive problems that have marred Chelsea’s season were soon evident again when a mistake by Branislav Ivanovic almost gifted Wigan a goal.Cech had to rush from his line to prevent Rodallega latching onto the defender’s poor backpass, and with Cech stranded during the scramble which followed, Ivanovic atoned by heading away Franco di Santo’s goal-bound shot.It was a fortunate escape for the visitors but their luck run out after former Chelsea man Di Santo cut inside Ivanovic and teed up Rodallega, whose weak effort ought to have been comfortably dealt with by Cech.Wigan will feel they deserved a break, having arguably been denied a clear penalty late in the first half when Victor Moses’ shot struck Ivanovic’s left arm.Follow West London Sport on Twitter