In Europe, audiences swelled by over 56%, with the biggest spike (130%) coming from Belgium, which cancelled its domestic season due to the pandemic.The league’s domestic viewing figures experienced a more modest increase of 12%.The most popular match was Real Madrid’s 3-1 win over Eibar, a league spokesman said, followed by Barcelona’s 4-0 victory over Real Mallorca and Sevilla’s 2-0 triumph over city rivals Real Betis, the first match since the season resumed.”We feel privileged to be able to take to the field again, and we’re very happy to have the opportunity to offer live sports entertainment at a time when there are few events like this around the world,” said La Liga’s president Javier Tebas. “We hope that other competitions in other regions will also start soon, because it’s important for the fans and the industry.”Oscar Mayo, director of marketing and international development for the league, added: “We’re very pleased with the exponential growth in the figures for La Liga’s international audience.”We knew that fans around the world were keen to enjoy the excitement and entertainment we offer.”Spain is one of the worst affected countries in the world with over 27,000 deaths due to the novel coronavirus and 245,000 infections.It was able to get its season back up and running thanks to a joint effort from La Liga, Spain’s soccer federation and the government’s department for sport.The Spanish top-flight is the second of Europe’s top five leagues to restart after the Bundesliga, which also posted record audiences in its first weekend back last month.England’s Premier League resumed on Wednesday while Italy’s Serie A returns on Saturday. Spanish football’s international viewing figures have increased by over 48% since the season returned after being halted for three months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, organizing body La Liga said on Thursday.Citing a study by analytics firm Nielsen Sports of the first round of matches since the campaign resumed on June 11 without fans, La Liga said its biggest audience bounce came in Africa, where it received a 73% boost in viewers.Viewing audiences increased by 72% in Asia, where La Liga has had a free-to-air deal with Facebook in the Indian sub-continent since 2018. Topics :
For years, residents of Kampung Akuarium in Penjaringan, North Jakarta, have had countless meetings discussing the fate of their settlement since a forced eviction in 2016. Indonesia’s 75th Independence Day on Monday seemed to mark a turning point for the residents because on the occasion, the Jakarta administration held a groundbreaking ceremony to reconstruct Kampung Akuarium despite controversies surrounding the project’s legality.Kampung Akuarium is among 21 kampung prioritized for revitalization in Jakarta under Governor Anies Baswedan.Unlike their previous settlement – predominantly landed houses in informal urban settings – the residents’ future home in Kampung Akuarium will be much different. They have decided to rebuild the area with a kampung susun (vertical village) concept.A resident and coordinator of local community forum … Topics : Linkedin Google Log in with your social account Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Forgot Password ? #kampung Kampung-Akuarium slum #slums #Jakarta
Indonesia’s capital Jakarta entered another period of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) on Monday with most office workers forced to once again shelter in place, but some remain unconvinced that the curbs will be able to contribute much to their protection – unless there is strict enforcement.Jasmine, 26, who works as an interpreter, said she did not feel “protected enough” while working in her client’s office.She has personally tried to maintain personal hygiene and worn a mask whenever she could, but her workplace environment still undermined her efforts, as the institution she works for still receives guests very often. As a regular visitor, she doubted there was enough room for her to stay safe in her client’s office, even if the company complied with prevailing regulations and limited the number of people working to half the capacity of the space, as was done when the first PSBB measures were enacted in April.“There are still people smoking around the office building. Maintaining physical distance is also difficult. I sometimes reprimand people who sit in a chair [I was using] but they would get offended,” she told The Jakarta Post.The new restrictions did not help her feel safe from COVID-19 transmission, due to the absence of strict enforcement.For Kartika, an employee at a government agency, enforcing health protocols within office spaces was not enough to contain transmission; each person must also take their own precautions. “We can catch COVID-19 in a variety of situations and environments, so there is always going to be a risk of infection. It depends largely on our awareness and commitment,” she told the Post.“Sometimes it is the person that chooses to neglect [health protocols].”Under the current PSBB, workplaces in 11 essential sectors – including health, food, energy, communications, logistics and basic needs retail – are allowed to remain open at half the capacity of their respective office space.Activities outside these sectors, such as government offices, must have no more than 25 percent of employees working at the office at the same time.During the first PSBB that lasted from April to June 3, workplaces in nonessential sectors had to fully implement the work-from-home policy. When the economy gradually reopened, companies were allowed to have their office spaces filled at half capacity.During the first PSBB period, the Jakarta Manpower, Transmigration and Energy Agency recorded that 4,074 companies and institutions – which together employed a total of 1.07 million workers – had either enforced the work-from-home policy or slimmed down their operations.But it remains unclear how many workers were actually working remotely during that period.With the return to PSBB, agency head Andri Yansyah estimates that there could be over 600,000 employees still working in their office spaces. The agency said Jakarta had nearly 80,000 companies and institutions in total, together employing some 2.1 million people.Around 3.2 million Greater Jakarta residents are commuters, according to the 2019 Greater Jakarta Commuter Survey by Statistics Indonesia (BPS). Of that figure, 2.5 million are office workers who commute daily.On Monday morning, state-owned commuter line operator PT KCI reported a 19 percent decline in passenger numbers compared to last week. The decline in ridership was seen in several major railway stations including in the Bogor, Citayam and Bekasi stations in West Java.The Jakarta Police’s traffic unit found that traffic density in the capital did not change much from last week, but the police said it was too early to say whether commuters were shifting from public to private transportation or whether the PSBB measures were failing.Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) head Arifin recently said monitoring violations of health protocols in office areas was considered a challenge as the agency could not regularly enter nonpublic spaces. He encouraged employees to report violations using the city’s smart mobile app Jakarta Kini (JAKI), which will keep their identity anonymous.The tighter curbs were reinstated – albeit with some measure of leniency – after the city administration announced it had to “hit the emergency brake” on Wednesday last week, giving employers a few days to prepare.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan singled out commercial office spaces as a focus for restrictions on Sunday. Previously, the city saw up to 90 office clusters emerge as curbs were gradually eased.Tempo daily reported on Aug. 9 that at least 1,081 cases of COVID-19 transmission had originated in office clusters.Jakarta has recorded a daily average of over 1,000 new cases this month and registered at least 55,099 infections with 1,418 deaths from COVID-19 since the pandemic began, national COVID-19 task force data show, with its transmission rate seeing a continued rise since the city gradually relaxed curbs on specific sectors under a “transitional” phase two months after the initial PSBB period.With accurate data still a problem, the Jakarta administration reported 1,492 new cases and six deaths on Sunday, bringing the city’s official tally to 54,864 confirmed cases, with 4,649 patients hospitalized.The PSBB announcement sparked concerns over the possible collapse of the country’s economy, with central government officials and the business community expressing various levels of displeasure at the PSBB policy.As the capital and the beating heart of the national economy, the primacy of Jakarta cannot be understated.The city continues to contribute the most to the Indonesian economy compared to other regions, with its regional domestic product accounting for 17.17 percent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) in the second quarter, according to Jakarta data from Statistics Indonesia (BPS).But Anies cited the increasing number of daily new cases and a decreasing number of free hospital beds as the main reasons for declaring a return to stricter curbs.Coordinating Economic Minister Airlangga Hartarto has said the police and the military will help monitor health protocols in office spaces.In response, Andri said the agency would cooperate with the police and military officers should its officials meet any resistance from any office management during spot-checks.He also encouraged companies or members of the public to report any violation of health protocols to his agency.“In order to apply more effective PSBB, not only do we receive reports from companies but we also perform spot-checks and take reports from the general public,” he said.“Sometimes employees worry about the situation in their office. They can report to us directly or via an app, then we will follow up the report.”Topics :
The home at 28a Gleneagle St, Kenmore.IT has been not quite two years since Jo Braithwaite’s home at Gleneagle St, Kenmore, was completed.The home at 28a Gleneagle St has two outdoor entertainment areas and inside, a well thought out layout.“I had it built February last year,’’ Ms Braithwaite said.“I have lived in the suburb for many years now and the opportunity came up for a block of land in this street, which is a lovely pocket of Kenmore and it has some city views, which is lovely.’’ The home at 28a Gleneagle St, Kenmore.“And I know a lot of people around here take in university students, the whole Airbnb sort of thing, so you could easily have downstairs as a bit of an income earner.’’The home is only a few hundred metres from Kenmore South State School and is in the catchment for Kenmore High School.“It is a lovely area, very family oriented,’’ she said.The kitchen has a butler’s pantry and a lot of storage space, there is also a breakfast bench.The front balcony, where Ms Braithwaite said she liked to spend time, has glimpses of the city. There are high ceilings throughout, and ducted airconditioning and ceiling fans. The home at 28a Gleneagle St, Kenmore.Ms Braithwaite said the layout was probably “not the norm’’ but she thought it would suit many different family configurations.More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019“The living is upstairs to take advantage of the views and the great breeze,’’ she said.“I have sort of done a separation of living so there is master and another bedroom upstairs and three other bedrooms and rumpus downstairs.’’“I purposely put another bedroom (upstairs) so if it was somebody starting out (with a family).She said the home would also be good for a family with teenagers as there would be some separation with them downstairs.
GC Rieber Shipping’s 50% owned geoservices company Shearwater GeoServices has been awarded 3D surveys in the Mediterranean and South East Asia, adding seven vessel months to the current backlog. The surveys will be starting in the first half of Q4 2018. The Mediterranean survey will take approximately two months, and the South East Asia surveys will last for five months.“We are pleased to be awarded these surveys firming up the backlog over the 2018/19 winter season, after we have seen utilization of 85% and transit of 15% for the first three quarters of 2018,” said Irene Waage Basili, Shearwater CEO.The survey in the Mediterranean area covers approximately 1,300 sqkm and will utilize the Polar Empress vessel. The contract in South East Asia covers two survey areas, totaling over 8,000 sqkm, and will be conducted by the Polar Duchess vessel.Shearwater GeoServices is jointly owned by GC Rieber Shipping and RASMUSSENGRUPPEN.
Share Share LocalNews Petite Savanne youngsters relieved to have wounding matter discontinued by: – May 15, 2012 30 Views one comment Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Court gavel. Photo credit: lazytechguys.comTwo young men from Petite Savanne breathed a sigh of relief when they were told that their matter had been discontinued at the High Court on Monday.Royson Thomas and Chasrey Thomas who were arrested and charged for wounding Vincent Francis with intent to cause him harm were fortunate to have a notice of discontinuance filed by the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions in their matter.Justice Birnie Stephenson-Brooks who informed the youngsters that the notice had been filed at 8:10am on Monday advised them to stay away from trouble.“Please do not let me see you back in here unless you are a police officer, a juror or a lawyer. Goodbye”.Meanwhile a Newtown man who was arrested and charged for wounding another man will have to wait until June 11th to know what sentence or fine he will receive.Marcus Augustus pleaded “guilty with an explanation” when the charge was read to him however Justice Stephenson-Brooks explained to him that his choices are either “guilty” or “not guilty”.He then pleaded guilty to unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mickey Thomas on 11th August, 2009 with intent to cause him harm.Justice Stephenson-Brooks ordered that a pre-trial report be conducted and told Augustus that he will also have an opportunity to give an explanation then.Dominica Vibes News
Serge Gnabry bagged a brace on Wednesday night as Bayern Munich advanced to the final of the Uefa Champions League on Wednesday night with a 3-0 victory over Lyon.The Germans were under the cosh for the first 15 minutes of the encounter at the Estadio Jose Alvalade in Lisbon. Lyon skipper Memphis Depay had the first chance four minutes into the one-off semi-final.After eluding the Bayern centre-backs, the Netherlands international scooted into the penalty area, rounded the Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer but scuffed his shot the wrong side of the right hand post.The same stick came to Neuer’s rescue 13 minutes later after Karl Toko Ekambi was released down the right.Alphonso Davies blocked his initial shot but the 27-year-old Cameroon international took the rebound, cut inside but his shot struck the upright.That was as good as it got for Rudi Garcia’s men. A minute later they were 1-0 down.Serge Gnabry picked up Joshua Kimmich’s chipped pass on the right of the Lyon penalty area.The striker veered left along the edge of the box past two defenders before unleashing a left foot shot that flashed high over Anthony Lopes into the top left hand corner of the Lyon goalGnabry’s second came on the cusp of half-time.Ivan Perisic wriggled free down the left and squared for Robert Lewandowski. The normally lethal Poland international managed to botch his tap-in but it rebounded against Lopes into Gnabry’s path.He slotted in gleefully.Lyon had the chance to regain a foothold in the match 15 minutes after the pause but Ekambi failed to steer the ball past Neuer after being sent clear by Houssem Aouar.The Germans suffered few scares afterwards and Lewandowski added the third in the 87th minute to seal the victory and set up a mouthwatering final against Paris Saint-Germain on August 23 at the Estadio da Luz.RelatedPosts Bayern Munich fans undergo Super Cup coronavirus tests Vidal lands in Milan to complete move from Barca to Inter Aguero could be out of action until November, Guardiola says “I am very proud of the team,” said Lyon sporting director Juninho after the match. “We played against a great team. To do well against a side like that you need to take your chances. We didn’t do that.”Bayern, European champions on five occasions, will be hunting their third trophy of the season after claiming the Bundesliga crown and the German Cup.PSG, winners of Ligue 1, the French Cup and the League Cup, are seeking their fourth title of the campaign but their first European Cup.Tags: Bayern MunichGerman CupKarl Toko EkambiLyonManuel NeuerMemphis DepayParis Saint GermainRobert LewandowskiSerge GhabryUEFA Champions League
Hurricane names for 2020 thus far include Birtha, Cristobal, Dolly, and Edouard, according to reports. Saturday, Nov. 30, marks the end of Hurricane season for 2019!According to the NOAA, the season produced 18 named storms, including three major hurricanes.The 2019 season marks the fourth consecutive above-normal Atlantic hurricane season, the NOAA says.Hurricane season for 2020 will begin on Monday, June 1.The active 2019 #HurricaneSeason is coming to an end Nov. 30 — 2019 marks the 4th consecutive above-normal #Atlantic hurricane season.How did it compare with our prediction? See https://t.co/LZ143XQd6e via @NWS pic.twitter.com/m3gQenkMiy— NOAA (@NOAA) November 26, 2019
PROSPECT — This year’s Bridge the Gap Race is scheduled to be held next month in Prospect, Verona Island and Bucksport.The event, which begins on the Prospect side of the Penobscot Narrows Bridge before wrapping all the way around Verona Island and concluding in downtown Bucksport, will feature both 3-mile and 10-mile races once again this year.Last year, Darren Winchenbach of Saco was the top overall finisher in the 3-mile race as Orono’s Cecilia Dube placed third overall to finish as the top female competitor. Erik McCarthy of Old Town broke the course record in the 10-mile race with a time of 52 minutes, 18 seconds, and Princeton’s Sarah Mulcahy was the top female finisher in that race with a time of 1:01:24.Main Street Bucksport is looking for volunteers to help at water stations, registration, bib pickup and other locations along the course at this year’s race. Those interested in doing so should contact Brook Ewing Minner via phone at 479-3933 or via email at Brook@MainStreetBucksport.org.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textAround 600 runners are expected for the race, which will begin at 10 a.m April 6. Registration and check-in will be held from 8-9:15 a.m. with awards following each race.More information can be found on the Crow Athletics Website.
Dieuwertje Kast | Summer TrojanAn awning stands in front of Bovard Auditorium, where construction workers have spent the past week replacing the tiles on the roof. The roof is also being replaced at the Student Union, and construction on both buildings is expected to last throughout the summer.